Sintoukola is well situated for key export markets
Product is planned to be sold into the African and South American markets. Brazil is a very large and growing consumer of imported MoP.
|Total Brazilian market||11,175||Granular K60 MoP|
|South Africa||245||Granular K60 MoP|
|Nigeria (Estimated)||81||Granular K60 MoP|
|Morocco||242||Granular K60 MoP|
|Other West African||119||Granular K60 MoP|
|Other North African||140||Granular K60 MoP|
- Brazil is a large and growing agricultural producer with low natural soil quality
- Brazil is one of the three largest importers of MoP globally and imports c.90% of all its potash demand
- Sintoukola district is closer to Brazil with lower shipping costs than existing potash producers
- African markets relatively small but growing and are extremely close to the Sintoukola district
- Based on Argus Media 2020 and CRU 2017/2018 consumption numbers for South Africa, Other West African and Brazil.
- Based on Bloomberg 28 Jan 2019